This week’s lecture notes cover Chapters 11 and 13 of the Getis textbook and are available as two separate PDFs here:
FINAL EXAM INFO
The in-class portion of the final will be administered at the normally-scheduled class time on May 23rd. Next week, I will hold a review and Q&A session for the final exam in class. Please come prepared with questions or topics that you would like to review.
A review guide with topics from each of the chapters since the Midterm Exam can be downloaded here: Final Exam Study Guide
The PDF of the lecture notes for Chapter 10 in the Getis textbook, is available here: Chapter 10 – economic geography
The PDF of the Chapter 9 lecture notes is available here: Chapter 9-political geography
The quiz questions can be found on the last page of the notes.
The lecture notes from week 7 on cultural geography are available here: Chapter 7 – Cultural Geography
As was mentioned in class, the term paper is due as an email attachment no later than 11:59pm on April 18.
Class notes from Week 9 on Getis Chapter 6 on Population Geography can be downloaded here: Chapter 6 – Population Geography
And here are the Term Paper Discussion Questions for this week:
- How does the uneven allocation and use of natural resources factor into the processes (political, economic, and socio-cultural)that shape your topic?
- What are the impacts on natural resources (extractive, destructive, or otherwise)?
- What is the role, if any, of sustainable planning and development?
- What specific populations are affected by your topic and what are their demographic characteristics?
- What is the relationship to human migration?
Notes for Chapter 8 are available for download here: Chapter 8 – Spatial Interaction
Lecture notes from Chapters 12 of the Getis textbook are available here: Chapter 12 – Human Impacts on the Environment